With an impressive 20 year track record, Patrick Dower has built strong partnerships with our clients working in science education right across the world. He has supported teachers, departmental leaders and heads of education, through written research, training, assessment, evaluation and development materials that focus on creative approaches to science education both in terms of teaching and leadership. Our clients include:
- Ministry for Education in Saudi Arabia – writing of the national teaching strategies for Saudi Arabia schools.
- Harper Collins for the UK – significant contribution to the writing of the national curriculum for Primary and Secondary science practice.
- Department for Children, Schools and Families (commissioned by the National Strategies Team in 2010) – writing of the national Learning targets in Science. Materials have been published and disseminated to thousands of teachers, foundation stage leaders and heads of education.
- Ministry for Education in Saudi Arabia – development of teaching and learning materials for the Saudi Arabian Advanced Supplementary Curriculum.
- Ministry for Education in Saudi Arabia – working with a high calibre team to develop curriculum, teacher training courses, and formative assessment approaches for the entire cohort of Mawhiba Schools in Saudi Arabia (Grades 4-10).
- Acumina – designed and delivered Terminal Assessment materials, bespoke standards for science departments and whole schools.
- Science Leaning Centre North West – development of Triple Science curriculum and assessment materials.
- Greater Manchester Local Authority – leadership consultancy for transformation in Greater Manchester schools.
- Ministry for Education in Saudi Arabia – writing a new model for the Middle East’s national planning tool How Science Works including newly developed leaning targets and exemplar approaches to support schools’ use of Assessing Pupil Progress, and revising the standards for the Advanced Science curriculum in international high schools in line with Eyre’s model of Advanced Cognitive Performance.
Contact us now to discuss how we can help you improve your teaching and learning or leadership strategies, or otherwise to talk about writing or consultancy opportunities.